Probate: 469.708.6050

Wills & Guardianship: 214.227.6400

9400 N. Central Expy., Ste. 1308

Dallas, Texas 75231

Fees overview

Fixed Fees for Uncontested Probate and Guardianship

The Duran Firm can often assist the executor named in the will or an agreed-upon administrator for a fixed fee. The same is true for parents of children with special needs who are seeking guardianship. In fact, the overwhelming majority of the Firm’s clients have qualified for a fixed-fee. The type of administration required determines whether or not a fixed fee is possible. The Duran Firm cannot quote you a fee until the facts and circumstances of the case are determined and the original will is examined, if the decent left a will.

Probate with a Will Fees
Probate without a Will Fees
Guardianship Fees
Power of Attorney Fees
Estate Planning Package Fees
Hourly Fee

When is an hourly fee appropriate?

In many types of probate matters, there is no way to know in advance how long or how difficult the case will be. There is also no way to estimate costs. Examples include dependent administrations, cases where the original will cannot be located, or cases that are contested or disputed. In cases where we cannot estimate the time or costs, the only fair way to bill for these types of cases is to bill fees on an hourly basis and bill costs as they are incurred. Effective January 1, 2017, The Duran Firm’s hourly rate for attorney’s fees is $300 per hour. The Duran Firm's hourly rate for paralegal work is $100 per hour.

Get it in writing

At the Duran Firm, we always provide our clients with an Attorney-Client Fee Agreement that lists the projected fees and costs of the case. Our clients know the terms of our relationship prior to being obligated to pay any money to the Firm.

Payment Terms — The Firm accepts cash, checks, money orders, MasterCard and Visa for the payment of attorney’s fees and expenses. Due to the reasonableness of our rates, payment of all expected fees and expenses is due prior to the Firm accepting you as a Client. No exceptions.

If you live in a county that is not near the Dallas/Fort Worth Metropolitain area, you may want to call an attorney that has an office near the county courthouse in the county where the proposed ward resides. That attorney’s price is often lower than that of an attorney that must travel.